Criteria for Community Assistance Fund
The Community Assistance Fund provides the Junior League of Tyler, Inc. a means to fund short-term needs of eligible non-profit agencies with an amount not to exceed $3,500.
A short-term need shall be defined as an unforeseen need not covered by the budget or present financial resources of the agency which may cause the possibility of a disruption of a program or service.
Community Assistance Fund grants must meet all other funding guidelines as stated below.
- This League shall endeavor to associate itself with or endorse projects, programs, or activities, which meet accepted standards in their fields or show evidence of working towards such standards.
- All funding requests shall be consistent with the Position Statements of the League and its Purpose: The Junior League of Tyler, Inc. is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable. Requests shall show proof of agency’s 501© (3) status.
- Requests shall benefit residents of Smith County.
- Requests shall be submitted in writing to the Junior League of Tyler, Inc.
- Funding shall be limited to one Junior League of Tyler, Inc. grant per fiscal year (June 1-May 31).
- Documentation of all expenditures and follow-up report may be required.